Wharram Percy


Wharram Percy was an important village in the Yorkshire Wolds in the Middle Ages, but it was abandoned by its population about the end of the fifteenth century. However, the church of Saint Martin continued in use until the early twentieth century. But in 1870, a more convenient church was built in the nearest villllage of Thixendale, and St Martin's fell into disrepair. Lightning struck the tower in 1960, and it is now a conserved ruin under the care of English Heritage.

For further details see: LOST VILLAGE SITES OF YORKSHIRE: Wharram Percy

Page 1  |  Page 2

100_2309.JPG 100_2310.JPG 100_2311.JPG
100_2312.JPG 100_2313.JPG 100_2314.JPG
100_2315.JPG 100_2316.JPG 100_2317.JPG
100_2318.JPG 100_2319.JPG 100_2320.JPG
100_2321.JPG 100_2322.JPG 100_2323.JPG


Page 1  |  Page 2