The Friends exist to help preserve and develop Barton-on-Humber's Parish Church building for the benefit of future generations.
In addition to its importance as a significant historic building, a prominent feature of the townscape, Saint Mary's seeks to serve the town by offering
- Community concerts and events
- Traditional services on significant dates in the national life, e.g. Christmas, Remembrance Sunday, Harvest
- Family events such as weddings funerals and christenings
- A venue for charitable events (Church and non-Chuch), local organizations and a toddler group among others
- The funds raised by the Friends will be used directly for the maintenance and protection of its ancient fabric and its continued development to meet the needs of our community.
As a project of the Parochial Church Council, Friends' donations can benefit from Gift Aid if the donor is a UK taxpayer and has completed a Gift Aid declaration.
If you wish to join the Friends, or merely to make a regular donation, click here to download a Standing Order form.
Read Church Annual Report